The Teen Program includes several core components that focus on academic success, healthy lifestyle choices, and job readiness training. These activities are balanced with daily opportunities for sports, games, field trips, and more.
- Academic Support, including supervised homework time completed at the center; computer and internet access; and one-on-one tutoring as needed. Teens are exposed to the many opportunities available to them after high school through field trip on college campuses, presentations, and one-on-one conversations with role models in the community.
- Healthy Choices, which includes cooking and athletic pursuits, including basketball, tennis, and Junior Milers running.
- Job Club, which teaches youth about the value and importance of work through job readiness training, resume writing, and career exploration. Look for the King Street Lemonade Stand returning in summer of 2021!
- King Street Center Mentoring Program, allows teens to be matched with an adult mentor, as available. These pairs meet weekly, enjoying local community adventures.
School Year Hours
Monday – Friday 3-6 p.m.
- All youth will be asked to wear a mask while inside King Street Center’s building except for when they are eating.
- A meal & snack will be provided each day through our partnership with Burlington School Food Project.
- All learners will also have access to academic support & enrichment activities at King Street Center. Options include arts and crafts, games, outdoor and indoor sports, and other enrichment as decided by the group. All activities will be conducted with physical distancing in mind. Normally we collaborate with many community partners to enhance our programming, such as Burlington City Arts, Kids on the Ball Tennis, UVM Athletics, and Friends for A-Dog. If health safety allows, we will likely continue to engage in some small group activities outdoors.
- Students should expect that lessons focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be part of their learning experience.
Registration & Fee
There is no fee for the Teen Program. This program is generously supported by corporate and foundation grants, as well as local community members. However, we ask that participants complete enrollment form. Please address any questions to Teen Program Director, Joe Ruggles at Joe@kingstreetcenter.org or call 802-862-6736.
King Street Center’s Teen Program for Middle School students is currently full. Please complete & email registration information to Joe Ruggles to be added to our waitlist.
Teen Registration 2021-2022
School Release Form