The Teen Program includes several core components that focus on academic success, healthy lifestyle choices, and job readiness training. These activities are balanced with daily opportunities for sports, games, field trips, and more.
- Academic Support, including supervised homework time completed at the center; computer and internet access; and one-on-one tutoring as needed. Teens are exposed to the many opportunities available to them after high school through field trip on college campuses, presentations, and one-on-one conversations with role models in the community.
- Healthy Choices, which includes cooking and athletic pursuits, including basketball, tennis, and Junior Milers running.
- Job Club, which teaches youth about the value and importance of work through job readiness training, resume writing, and career exploration. Look for the King Street Lemonade Stand on Church Street Marketplace Wednesday through Friday this summer!
- King Street Center Mentoring Program, allows teens to be matched with an adult mentor, as available. These pairs meet weekly, enjoying local community adventures.
School Year Hours
Monday – Friday 3-6 p.m.
- A meal & snack will be provided each day through our partnership with Burlington School Food Project.
- All learners will also have access to academic support & enrichment activities at King Street Center. Options include arts and crafts, games, outdoor and indoor sports, and other enrichment as decided by the group. All activities will be conducted with physical distancing in mind. Normally we collaborate with many community partners to enhance our programming, such as Vermont Green Football Club, The Chill Foundation, Burlington City Arts, Kids on the Ball Tennis, UVM Athletics, and Friends for A-Dog. If health safety allows, we will likely continue to engage in some small group activities outdoors.
- Students should expect that lessons focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be part of their learning experience.
Registration & Fee
There is no fee for the Teen Program. This program is generously supported by corporate and foundation grants, as well as local community members. However, we ask that participants complete enrollment form. Please address any questions to the appropriate program manager below or call 802-862-6736.
Enrollment for King Street Center’s Teen Program for Middle and High School students is currently OPEN!
For Middle School inquiries, please contact Kachi Akalonu, at email@example.com.
For High School inquiries, please contact Joe Ruggles at firstname.lastname@example.org.