The Teen Futures program provides middle and high school youth the opportunity to develop their interests and learn new skills as part of a close-knit, caring community.
The program includes several core components that focus on academic success, healthy lifestyle choices, and job readiness training. These activities are balanced with daily opportunities for sports, games, field trips, and more. Key components of the program include:
- Job Club, which teaches young people about the value and importance of work through job readiness training, resume writing, and career exploration. Job Club graduates work each summer on the King Street Lemonade stand on the Church Street Marketplace.
- College Club, which exposes teens to the many opportunities available to them after high school through field trips, presentations, and one-on-one conversations with role models in the community.
- Academic Support, including supervised homework time completed at the center; computer and internet access; and one-on-one tutoring as needed.
- Healthy Choices, which includes Kids’ Café, where teens plan and prepare healthy meals together; athletic pursuits, including basketball, tennis, and Junior Milers running.
- Junior Senior Buddy Mentoring, allows teens to be matched with an adult mentor, as available. These pairs meet weekly, enjoying local community adventures.
Teen Futures program hours are 3:00 – 6:30 pm weekdays during the school year. New this year – open until 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday with transportation provided to South Meadow neighborhood!
Full program offerings are also available during school vacations. Summer enrollment is open to teens who participate in the school-year programs only. Activities include working on the King Street Lemonade Stand as well as field trips and ongoing academic support.
There is no fee for Teen programs. They are generously supported through corporate and foundation grants, as well as local community members. However, we ask that participants complete enrollment form here: Enrollment Form Teen Futures 2017.2018 release.
For more information contact Dave Besserer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-862-6736 x110.