- Tracking your monthly time and activities is important to the health of our program. Please complete your monthly survey here.
- COVID-19 Guidelines (as of 11/21) found here.
- Activity suggestions can be read/added here.
- Scavenger Hunt fun can be found here!
- Opportunity Fund: Is there a special outing, activity, project that you and your mentee have been wishing to do? If the answer is yes, you two can request money through the Mentor Program’s “Opportunity Fund.” Apply here today!
Check out this video
about Anxiety and Depression
Mentor Philip Foy says, “I thought it was a great training and definitely worth the time to watch the recording. Paul was a wealth of knowledge and the participants’ stories/questions provided valuable opportunities to understand how to identify red flags, engage with mentees, and work with them to find solutions.”
You’ve got Mail!
Send a handwritten letter to your Mentee or Book Buddy right here at King Street Center! There is an element of surprise when you open the mailbox and there is a letter addressed to “you” inside. It may even seem old fashioned in today’s world with all the other platforms to stay connected. Letter writing and receiving is endearing, fun, and a great Academic Boost activity. We encourage “you” (Mentors & Book Buddies) to send a postcard/note/letter to:
King Street Center, Att: Gabriella/students first name. PO Box 1615, Burlington, VT 05402
Save the date:
Summer Celebration: Mentor Picnic
Saturday, June 11th, 4:00-7:30PM at Oakledge Park in Burlington
Join us for a Summer Celebration for Mentors and Mentees! This event will take place at Oakledge Park where we have the lower shelter pavilion reserved from 4:00-7:30PM. Mentors, Mentees, and parents/guardians are all welcome! We will provide hotdogs with fixings and beverages. There will be lawn games including Ladders, Ring toss & Corn hole. There is a playground, an accessible treehouse, walking trails, bocce, tennis & volleyball courts, and enough room to kick a soccer ball around. The beach is near the shelter, and we will have a tandem Kayak and hopefully other water gear. We will also be concluding the Photo Scavenger Hunt and handing out prizes.
All details can be found here!