King Street Center Mentoring Program
The King Street Center Mentoring program seeks mentors ready & able to build a friendship, broaden horizons and show commitment to an individual child. Each mentor is matched with an elementary or middle school student who is enrolled at King Street Center.
Typical adventures include a visit to a playground, conversation over hot chocolate, apple picking, baking, local hikes, attending a sporting event/concert together, visiting the library, or pursuing other shared interests. The pandemic has taught us how to stay connected even if we can’t be together! Gabriella has loads of tips of how to “get together” even when other things get in the way.
- One-year (minimum) commitment
- Mentors of kids age 5-10 should expect to spend two hours per week with your mentee.
- Mentors of teens age 11-18 should expect to spend 4-6 per month, over 2-4 sessions that fit both of your schedules.
- Must be 21 years +
- Must pass criminal background check
- If wanting to transport mentee, must show proof of automobile insurance & license
Please note, all mentors are required to submit an application and clear a criminal background check after being interviewed. Please complete the Mentor Application here. All volunteers, tutors, and mentors must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Contact Gabriella Tufo Strouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-862-6736 x105 (on-site) or 802-318-5928, (cell) for more information.