Reports to: Associate Director of Programs
Hours: Full-time, salaried, 40 hours/week
Start Date: Aug. 2023
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
Status: At Will
The Family Support Coordinator position will develop and maintain strong relationships with King Street Center families in order to address their needs and support their goals. This role connects families to a variety of outside resources tailored to support each family’s individual strengths and needs.
ABOUT KING STREET CENTER
KSC’s vision is that every child and family thrive in an equitable community. Our mission is to empower youth to explore their talents and find their voice through learning, play, and opportunity. To do this, we have an early childhood education program, kindergarten through fifth grade afterschool and summer programs, teen afterschool and summer programs, and a mentoring program.
Our KSC youth and families come from a diverse community and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization and our community stronger. We encourage all people, but especially those who are part of the communities we serve, to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Core Job Duties
- Develop and maintain trusting, respectful relationships with King Street Center youth and families by conducting regular home, site, and classroom visits.
- Collaborate with King Street Center leadership and teaching teams to ensure basic needs of youth and families are met, including housing, childcare, food, transportation, physical/social-emotional wellness, etc.
- Provide resources and community referrals to families in order to meet their identified needs.
- Assist families in completing resource and referral paperwork including, but not limited to, housing, employment, childcare subsidy, and 3SquaresVT applications.
- Lead coordination of services and resources for necessary family support.
- Support families in maintaining consistent child attendance in center programs and help address barriers to attendance.
- Offer learning opportunities for families based on identified needs and goals.
- Coordinate and attend Family Service Partner Meetings (DCF Family Services, Burlington Housing Authority, CVOEO, etc.).
- Attend meetings with staff, program teams, collaborative partners, community partners, and service providers, as needed.
- Assist with distribution of classroom information to families.
- Maintain detailed case management records in Traxsolutions Case Management database.
- Participate in professional development requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, cooperative relationships with parents, youth, staff and community partners.
- Experience working with diverse communities, lived experience similar to that of King Street Center youth and families preferred.
- Some knowledge of agencies and services available to address the needs of families in the Burlington community preferred.
- Experience working with families who have or are at risk of experiencing hardship, including but not limited to homelessness, food insecurity, poverty, etc. is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to incorporating a racial equity lens into your work.
- Ability to uphold safety and confidentiality standards.
- Effective skills in documentation, record-keeping and computer applications such as email, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; bilingual or multilingual skills preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, 15 days paid time off, $250 healthy living allocation, Employee Assistance Program, and ongoing, regular professional development.
Candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Family Support Coordinator” in the subject line:
- Cover letter with available start date and how you heard about this role.
- Three references and their contact information.
Only candidates who follow this process will be vetted. Job will be posted and applications accepted until filled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties as necessary. Minimal heavy lifting and no strenuous activity required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. King Street Center is an equal opportunity employer.