Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time, salaried, 40 hours/week
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000
Status: At Will
Are you a systems person who is passionate about youth and families? Do you care about racial equity and building practices and policies that align with the core principle of equity? Are you someone who likes to take an idea from vision to implementation to build efficiency and effectiveness into operations?
If so, you might just be the right person for King Street Center’s first ever Associate Director of Operations role. The person in this role will oversee a wide array of functions related to the organization’s infrastructure and operations, including finance, budgeting, and HR, and will be a leader in ensuring effective management and operations throughout the organization. They will report to KSC’s Executive Director, and will be a key member of the senior management and decision making structures in the organization.
ABOUT KING STREET CENTER
KSC’s vision is that every child and family thrive in an equitable community. Our mission is to empower youth to explore their talents and find their voice through learning, play, and opportunity. To do this, we have an early childhood education program, kindergarten through fifth grade afterschool and summer programs, teen afterschool and summer programs, and a mentoring program.
Our KSC youth and families come from a diverse community and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization and our community stronger. We encourage all people, but especially those who are part of the communities we serve, to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations & Administration
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day administrative operations of the organization. Create and implement policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to initiate and set goals for agency systems and processes in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Oversee, direct, and implement high level human resources, including hiring, onboarding, orientation and reviews of all staff.
- Implement an equity lens into the organization’s operations.
- Ensure smooth internal operations and communication across all departments.
Finance & Budgeting
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, plan, direct, control, implement, evaluate, monitor, and forecast budgets and costs to achieve financial objectives.
- Supervise and manage Operations Manager, Facilities Director, and external contracted bookkeeper.
- Work with the Executive Director and board of directors on finance and operations strategies.
- Manage the State of Vermont’s CCFAP in partnership with Associate Director of Programs and Operations Manager to ensure projected income is met.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Programs to administer and analyze annual program surveys.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead internal staff days and meetings in collaboration with the senior executive team.
- Plan and implement agency-wide trainings in collaboration with the AD of Programs.
- Work with and support the executive director on special projects.
- Participate in organization events.
- Represent KSC at external events at the request of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equity, especially racial equity, and how to implement equity principles into policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence, judgment & discretion.
*Competency, skill, and demonstrated success, not formal education, is prioritized for this position.
RELATIONSHIPS & ROLES
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Supervises the Operations Manager and Facilities Director
- Works collaboratively with all staff
- Serves on the senior leadership team
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is $70,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, 15 days paid time off, $250 healthy living allocation, Employee Assistance Program, and ongoing, regular professional development.
Candidates should send the following to email@example.com with “Associate Director of Operations” in the subject line:
- Cover letter with available start date and how you heard about this role.
- Three references and their contact information.
Only candidates who follow this process will be vetted. Job will be posted and applications accepted until filled. Applications will be reviewed starting May 1st.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties as necessary. Minimal heavy lifting and no strenuous activity required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. King Street Center is an equal opportunity employer.