Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time, salaried, 40 hours/week
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000
Status: At Will
This key position of KSC will assist in the development, oversight, and maintenance of all aspects of the agency’s programmatic activities, including: program development, implementation and evaluation; associated policy and practice development; staffing; legal compliance; health and safety; coordination of family outreach; community relations; and program administration. This position will directly supervise program directors and identify ways to enhance and support the overall mission and vision established by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
ABOUT KING STREET CENTER
KSC’s vision is that every child and family thrive in an equitable community. Our mission is to empower youth to explore their talents and find their voice through learning, play, and opportunity. To do this, we have an early childhood education program, kindergarten through fifth grade afterschool and summer programs, teen afterschool and summer programs, and a mentoring program.
Our KSC youth and families come from a diverse community and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization and our community stronger. We encourage all people, but especially those who are part of the communities we serve, to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Supervises all KSC Program Directors, and their programs, ensuring quality and compliance.
- Build, implement, and maintain equity lens into all programs.
- Partner with the AD of Operations to implement, monitor, and evaluate program development for continuous improvement and state licensing compliance.
- Partner with the Executive Director to implement, monitor, and evaluate strategic plan priorities and goals to ensure progress towards achieving the 5 year strategic plan.
- Oversee and support planning programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- Develop and approve program budgets.
- Participate in and lead regular program meetings and co-facilitate leadership team meetings with senior LT.
- Communicate frequently and on an ongoing basis with community partners; participate in community meetings as an agency representative.
- Support when needed on grant writing and development tasks.
- Co-Manage the State of Vermont’s CCFAP in partnership with AD of Operations and Operations Manager to ensure projected income is met.
- Participate in organization events.
- Occasional participation in programming.
- Knowledge of a broad area of human services, with an emphasis on child development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equity, especially racial equity, and how to implement equity principles into youth programming.
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, and managing multiple people.
- Demonstrated skill in taking organizational vision and implementing into an action plan.
- Effective at building effective teams, communications & cross collaboration.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence, judgment & discretion.
*Competency, skill, and demonstrated success, not formal education, is prioritized for this position.
RELATIONSHIPS & ROLES
- Officially reports to the Executive Director.
- Supervises all Program Directors & Managers.
- Serves on the senior leadership team.
- Works collaboratively with all staff.
- Serves as the program representative to the Board.
- Interacts with the community at large, other agencies, and Burlington schools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/CONDITIONS OF WORK
Position carried out primarily in a comfortable office setting. Regular local travel to offsite meetings required. Interaction with children and families who at times exhibit some instability in their behavior. Some potential for risks to physical safety and security of facility.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is $70,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, retirement, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 9 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, 15 days paid time off, $250 healthy living allocation, Employee Assistance Program, and ongoing, regular professional development.
Candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Director of Programs” in the subject line:
- Cover letter with available start date and how you heard about this role.
- Three references and their contact information.
Only candidates who follow this process will be vetted. Job will be posted and applications accepted until filled. Applications will be reviewed immediately.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties as necessary. Minimal heavy lifting and no strenuous activity required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. King Street Center is an equal opportunity employer.