AmeriCorps Youth Services Activities and Volunteer Support Specialist – posted at King Street Center
This AmeriCorps position will serve as part of CEDO’s CONNECT AmeriCorps program while working on-site in the Teen Program at King Street Center. AmeriCorp members receive training and provide direct service to support the program goals to expand culturally appropriate youth programming and family supports, to close opportunity gaps in education and career, and promote STEM awareness and participation. Help youth build skills to support education and career development, with outcomes of increased school engagement, or strengthened skills in STEM subjects leading to college or career in growth areas. Youth engagement in schools and in the community, through expanded learning opportunities in and out of school, reduces risky behavior and leads to safer communities. Members will provide innovative responses to pressing community problems with city departments, state agencies, education institutions and nonprofit organizations in Burlington, Winooski, and surrounding areas of Chittenden County.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree or actively working towards degree.
– Experience running engaging activities with teens ex. crafts, outdoor adventures, cooking etc.
– Appreciation of diversity and experience in cross-cultural collaboration.
– Excellent people skills. Inclined toward mentorship and teaching in order to improve knowledge and professional abilities of others.
– Ability to creatively problem solve, take initiative and exercise good judgment. Ability to act as an ambassador of the agency. Must be flexible and willing to take on new tasks
Learn more about this AmeriCorps opportunities here!
Early Education Substitute Teachers
King Street Center’s Toddler and Preschool Programs seek individuals with childcare experience to join our substitute teacher list to provide support in the classroom and engage with children.
to tell us about your interest in this position and also about your experience with kids.
Why We Work at King Street Center