Annually serving 120 children and families in the Burlington area, King Street Center is:
- A 5 STAR Toddler and Preschool program for 23 children ages 18 months – 5 years old. We are a Head Start partner center and all enrollees are Head Start eligible.
- A large and diverse Afterschool program for children in grades K-5 that includes academic support, meals, creative play, cooking, recreation, and the arts.
- A Teen program for middle and high-school youth that focuses on recreation, social-emotional health, academic achievement, job training, and college preparation.
- Home to one of the largest mentoring programs in the state, where children are matched one-on-one with caring adults in the community.
- A proud member agency of the United Way of Northwest Vermont.
…to create a place where kids meet opportunity through learning, play, and community.
See what’s happening at King Street Center.
“King Street Center staff really care about the well-being of the students. Having academic support and tutoring is very helpful, and they create a space that is welcoming, safe and engaging to all students.”
“It is said that when one person mentors, two lives are changed. Mentoring has introduced both of us to new situations, new places, new activities and new people. Our worlds have grown and our hearts have expanded. Each week, I learn new things from her and she learns new things from me. We laugh a lot, but we have serious talks too. We have become part of each other’s lives. I am someone else she can count on.”
I love this program! It’s the best daycare my daughter has ever been to!!
“King Street is a fun place to go to. They have a lot of fun activities and things to do!”
“The afterschool homework help, tutors, and mentors have made all the difference in the world to my children’s education. I believe a program like this provides hope and inspiration to the community and to the children who are lucky enough to receive this assistance.”