We promote safe, healthy fun in a creative environment for children in Kindergarten-5th grade who reside in Burlington.
What does a typical day in K-5th Program look like?
- All children are asked to wear a mask while inside King Street Center’s building except for when they are eating. They will have their temperature checked upon arrival and a responsible adult will be asked to respond to health-related questions daily.
- A meal & snack will be provided each day through our partnership with Burlington School Food Project. Children may bring their own lunch if they would prefer.
- We are committed to supporting students in their remote learning class appointments! We will also support kids in completing homework. Typically students have access to both staff and volunteer tutor help. However, we are not inviting volunteers into the building at this time, so if remote support is needed, it will be provided.
- All learners will also have access to enrichment activities at King Street Center. Options include arts and crafts, games, outdoor and indoor play, constructive and dramatic play, exploring nature, and science activities. All activities will be conducted with physical distancing in mind. Normally we collaborate with many community partners to enhance our programming, such as Burlington City Arts, Audubon Vermont, Kids on the Ball Tennis, ECHO, the Flynn Center, and Friends for A-Dog. If health safety allows, we will likely continue to engage in some small group activities outdoors.
- Students should expect that lessons focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be part of their learning experience.
- Kids in our K-5th Program are also eligible to be matched with an adult mentor, as available. These pairs meet weekly, either in person or virtually, enjoying local community adventures.
Our 5 STAR licensed K-5th program will runs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. We provide full day program during February and April school breaks.
Our tuition reflects the 5 STAR state subsidy reimbursement rate:
$20 for Afterschool care and $50 per full day care for K-5th Program
We accept child-care subsidy! We operate on a sliding scale and there are scholarships available.
To find out about available openings in our K-5 Hybrid Program, please contact Carrie Jacques at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 802-391-6332. If a spot is available in the program you will be asked to:
- Complete a registration form (please see below)
- Confirm payment information and
- Meet with King Street Staff for an introduction to the program
Children new to King Street Center will start the week of September 21.
Please complete three important documents:
Either print documents below & drop off at King Street Center to or email email@example.com to receive an online version.
K-5th Grade Registration 2020-2021 (AF)
King Street Center Policy & Procedure Checklist
School Release Form (this document gives us permission to communicate directly with your child’s school administrators and teachers